TILT: Introducing Kandi Pants and how to make cupcakes with only a blender and brute force
In my efforts to not burn the candle at both ends, I have ended up doing just that. I ended up taking Wednesday off work with a head ache, which I’m sure was my body’s reaction to the cumulative lack of sleep. My little buddy Kandi Pants was sick too, so I had to bring her to the vet. She’s on 10 days of antibiotics, so hopefully she’ll be right as rain in no time.
- Spring cleaning in October with The Souche. I got to hang out, catch up, and clean the house with the tidiest woman around. I can see the floor of my bedroom again!
- This is my pet rat Kandi Pants. Kandi is always up for some adventure, but gets a bit overwhelmed with nerves when there is too much newness for her. Her likes include: raspberries, drinking loudly at night and waking me up, and sleeping in hoods. Her turn-offs include: being woken up early for cuddles, cooked vegetables, and sitting still. Kandi is short for Kandinsky and the ‘pants’ part is a long story – I like that she sounds like a stripper.
- I am a big X Factor fan, so Week One of the live shows was unmissable TV. Kandi built a nice fort of cushions around me while I was distinctly underwhelmed by the first half and in awe of the poor sound engineering throughout. They all sounded a bit like the Olympics closing ceremony: bit like listening to them from really far away… I love Rylan, it’s not like he’s going to win, but he will most likely be playing The George in March-ish, and I will be front row. Same goes for Lucy Spraggan, although she will probably play The Village the same weekend.
- Parents home from their holliers. The G Man picked up a nice sun hat while there. I was lucky enough to have a camera in my hand when he decided to reveal it for the first time.
- Baking cupcakes for the charity coffee morning in work. Last year I was one of the only people who didn’t bake anything, this year I was one of the four who did home bake something. I hadn’t baked anything in so long that I didn’t know our electric whip had gone missing, so I substituted it with a blender. Bit of a #fail there, but it all worked out in the end – delicious dark chocolate brownie cupcakes were enjoyed by all. The blender did the first part of the whipping, but I bribed my dad to help too, as evidenced by the never-ending-whipping-gif.
- Kandi Pants the rat goes to the vet. She’s been wheezing and sneezing intermittently, so when I could hear her wheezing from the other side of the room on Wednesday I realised she needed medical attention. We brought her to the Greystones Veterinary Hospital, who were amazing. She broke the lid of her carry case when she was little so I had to keep an argos catalogue on top to stop her from getting out and running around the car. I did let her have a quick look around first though.